8 Reasons Why You Should Use Infographics in Marketing
Suppose you are reading an online article about climate change. Would you rather: 10 stacked paragraphs in Times New Roman, 12-point listing statistics on melting ice caps, or an interactive globe you can spin and click with your mouse, revealing the world’s most endangered countries by colour? Exactly.
What is an Infographic?
Infographics are a combination of words, illustrations, and visuals to represent information. They are often used to represent information that is too bulky or uninteresting to display through text.
From 2015 to 2016, the use of visual content in marketing, such as photographs, illustrations and video, increased by 130%.
Your brain, which processes images 60 times faster than words, craves visual stimulation. Here are eight reasons why you should consider using infographics in your marketing strategy:
1. Fun. Infographics are like a mini game for the brain, keeping readers happy and engaged with your content. Depending on your tone, infographics are also a great way to add humour to your campaign.
2. Informative. Infographics are an effective way to spread information and statistics without boring the reader. In a world where content is spread in 140 characters or less, readers prefer smaller, concise bits of information. Infographics are an easy way to transform dry statistics into interesting visuals.
3. Readers stay longer. Bulky portions of text will send readers running. With infographics, your target audience will spend more time with your campaign, and will be more likely to engage in the future.
4. Cost Effective. Through platforms like Photoshop and Illustrator, infographics are fun and free. If you’re not so tech-savvy, there are hundreds of sites that make building infographics easy.
5. Aesthetically Pleasing. Infographics can be used to break up bulky sections of text, or to spruce up an e-mail. They are a great solution for campaigns that can’t be represented through photographs.
6. Shows Character. Showing personality is a key component to effective marketing. Through infographics, you can further develop your brand with colours, illustrations, and different fonts.
7. Maneuverable. Infographics can go anywhere. From a tablet, to a laptop, to a phone, they can be tailored to fit any screen. By adding an embed code when posting an infographic, users can easily include the infographic on websites or social media.
8. Viral Potential. Because of the portability of infographics, the chances of them going viral are high. With a single click, your marketing campaign has the potential to sky-rocket on social media.